The future of Norwich’s ‘big grey boat’ is decided
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The fate of the 'big grey boat' that floats on the river Wensum in Norwich has been decided.
The TS Lord Nelson is set to be sold next summer as the Norwich Sea Cadets 'floating base' is being taken out of commission.
The Norwich Sea Cadets are relocating to an on-shore base due to the group wanting to expand.
Martin Westgate from the Norwich Sea cadets said: 'The TS Lord Nelson is coming to the end of its active life and the decision has been taken to move the unit's HQ to a land based site.'
It will down be to the buyer of the TS Lord Nelson to decide what happens to it next.
Possible suggestions, after it is sold, is being removed from the Wensum and scrapped or turned into a house boat or commercial property like other boats along the river.
This paper has been granted special permission inside for a tour of the TS Lord Nelson which can be viewed above.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY