The future of Norwich’s ‘big grey boat’ is decided
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The fate of the 'big grey boat' that floats on the river Wensum in Norwich has been decided.
The TS Lord Nelson is set to be sold next summer as the Norwich Sea Cadets 'floating base' is being taken out of commission.
The Norwich Sea Cadets are relocating to an on-shore base due to the group wanting to expand.
Martin Westgate from the Norwich Sea cadets said: 'The TS Lord Nelson is coming to the end of its active life and the decision has been taken to move the unit's HQ to a land based site.'
It will down be to the buyer of the TS Lord Nelson to decide what happens to it next.
You may also want to watch:
Possible suggestions, after it is sold, is being removed from the Wensum and scrapped or turned into a house boat or commercial property like other boats along the river.
This paper has been granted special permission inside for a tour of the TS Lord Nelson which can be viewed above.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list