A pub which has already proved a hit in Norfolk is now in the running for national recognition
- Credit: Archant
The EDP's Norfolk Food and Drink awards winner has now got through to the finals of a national competition.
Gavin and Victoria Hunt, landlords of The Fox pub in Lyng, were notified this week after two rounds of judging that they are finalists at the Great British Pub Awards.
A formal ceremony will take place at The Royal Lancaster hotel in Hyde Park on September 6.
The awards, run by trade magazine the Morning Advertiser, attracts hundreds of entries each year.
One notable aspect of the pub's agenda that has made it a popular venue in the area is its Street Food Monday events in the beer garden, from 5-7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Upcoming Street Food Mondays include Sicily Market, Bratwurst BBQ and Namaste Indian, with live music on bank holidays.
Mrs Hunt said: 'This year has been amazing for us, our street food events every Monday have become so popular and the pub is busier than it has ever been with a really friendly atmosphere for both our drinkers and diners of all ages.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
'We are so lucky that our customers deemed us worthy of the pub of the year at the Norfolk Food and Drink awards in 2016 and now to have reached a national finals is just incredible.
'We have just maintained our five star hygiene rating which instils customer confidence and the continuing good tripadvisor reviews are a reflection of the hard work our staff dedicate to The Fox ensuring we have also just received our certificate of excellence again this year, which we have held every year since we opened in 2014.'
The Fox also holds a 2017 tripadvisor certificate of excellence, and a was a nominee for best food or drink supplier/retailer at the Aylsham Show in 2017.
Ed Bedington, editor of The Morning Advertiser, said: 'These awards are a great opportunity for all pub operators.
'They are the leading awards of their kind and we've been running them for 18 years now.
'It's all about celebrating the great diversity that we see in the pub sector and finding the businesses that are really driving the industry forward.'
To book a table at The Fox, visit www.thefoxatlyng.co.uk/book-table or ring 01603 872316.
For more information about the awards visit www.greatbritishpubawards.co.uk