The Feathers pub in Gorleston set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A high street pub is set to reopen for business with new owners, just one month after it suddenly closed.
Local pub chain Pubs and Bars Ltd have taken over the Feathers Pub on a temporary basis with the intention to take it on full time.
The pub is currently scheduled to reopen at 4pm tomorrow.
Pubs and Bars Ltd currently own more than 10 establishments across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Jason Barker who is the companies director said he was happy to take the pub on after he was offered to take it over.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The pub is in a very prominent position within the town and we were more than happy to take it over.
'This week we have been cleaning the facility with the view to get it back open to the public as quick as possible.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
'At the moment we just want to get things moving again and get people in at this early stage.'
The Feathers has been closed since the end of September when pub group JD Taverns decided to pull out.
A host of new staff have been brought in and the pub will be managed by Jayne Shuckford.