The Feathers pub in Gorleston set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A high street pub is set to reopen for business with new owners, just one month after it suddenly closed.
Local pub chain Pubs and Bars Ltd have taken over the Feathers Pub on a temporary basis with the intention to take it on full time.
The pub is currently scheduled to reopen at 4pm tomorrow.
Pubs and Bars Ltd currently own more than 10 establishments across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Jason Barker who is the companies director said he was happy to take the pub on after he was offered to take it over.
He said: 'The pub is in a very prominent position within the town and we were more than happy to take it over.
'This week we have been cleaning the facility with the view to get it back open to the public as quick as possible.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 6 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
'At the moment we just want to get things moving again and get people in at this early stage.'
The Feathers has been closed since the end of September when pub group JD Taverns decided to pull out.
A host of new staff have been brought in and the pub will be managed by Jayne Shuckford.