How you could join the crew aboard the Excelsior on a special day sail
- Credit: Archant
There's still an opportunity to join one of the last remaining fishing smacks still sailing out of Lowestoft for a day sail from her home port.
Day sails aboard one of the UK's top 60 most historic ships – the Excelsior – will be held in May, June and July.
A spokesman for the 77ft Excelsior LT472 said: 'We've had a great start to the season and are looking forward to taking local people on a rare day's sailing out of her home port.'
The day sails out of Lowestoft begin on Monday, May 6, departing at 9.30am from Heritage Quay and returning at 5.30pm.
Further day sails will be held on June 26, July 12 and July 13.
For details and to book your place on the day sails, call the charity on 0845 308 2323, email email@example.com or visit www.theexcelsiortrust.co.ukExcelsior partnered with the Time and Tide Museum, Lowestoft Maritime Museum, Ormiston Denes Academy, Horatio House, Make Yarmouth and Cefas in delivering an Oceans of Waste beach clean of Lowestoft beach this week to raise awareness around marine pollution.
You may also want to watch:
The Excelsior spokesman added: 'The beach clean was a huge success and the students got very involved with the project.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies