The EDP says...Sorry to see Prince William leave air ambulance role - but charity’s life-saving work goes on
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance often attracts attention anyway.
However over the past couple of years, the life-saving helicopter has attracted even more interest because of its famous pilot.
As he hangs up his flying suit, Prince William has clearly made a great contribution to our region.
By piloting the helicopter and getting to emergencies quickly, he has doubtless helped to save lives of people who he described as often being in 'the most desperate of circumstances'.
He has done so as part of, in his own words, an 'incredible team' including medics required to carry out surgery in minutes.
We will be sorry to see Prince William leave his role - but we must not forget the life-saving work of East Anglian Air Ambulance does when this famous member of the team leaves.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment