The country’s best kept secret: Norwich Sea Cadets hosting open day
- Credit: Archant © 2012
The public will be able to get a closer look at one of 'the country's best kept secrets' at an open day on May 20.
The Norwich Sea Cadets will be hosting an open day on the TS Lord Nelson, Foundry Bridge, Norwich.
There will be the opportunity to talk to Sea Cadets about their role's and the work they do.
The cadets will also showcase skills they have learnt with rowing and power boat demonstrations.
Ex-Sea Cadet and media officer Martin Westgate said: 'The ship on riverside will be open, we are hoping to promote the Sea Cadets as a unit.
You may also want to watch:
'We are like the country's best kept secret because no one seems to know about us, whereas they are aware of the Air Cadets and Army Cadets.
'We will also be taking funding for the cadets so we can show people what we do, while having bucket donations.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
The Norwich Sea Cadets' TS headquarters is the oldest floating base in the cadets.