The community of Lowestoft joins together to demonstrate the spirit of Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time for cheer and offering goodwill to all.
And more than 30 people got into the festive spirit as they attended the Southern Lights Christmas Dinner at the Salvation Army Lowestoft South Citadel last weekend.
Held on Saturday, the attendees aged between 20 and 70-years-old enjoyed a three course meal cooked by Salvation Army volunteers with food donated by local charities - as well as gift bags with items donated by St Marys Roman Catholic Primary School and Lowestoft Rotary Club.
Major Jenny Barwise, of Salvation Army Lowestoft South Citadel, said:
'There was a wonderful Christmas spirit in the air and we are grateful to all those who helped at this challenging time of year- especially to our volunteers who worked tirelessly in order to provide for those who needed support.'
You may also want to watch:
The goodwill continues in Lowestoft on Christmas day with Access Community Trust and Hoseasons joining forces to host a Christmas meal for young and vulnerable people at Sam's Coffee House, in Bevan Street East.
The meal is to be held from 12noon with Hoseasons donating money to pay for food and a gift for each individual.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
For more information email: email@example.com.
While the Salvation Army on Battery Green Road is once again serving a Christmas feast for the whole community on Christmas day from 12.30pm- which will also feature carols, entertainment and gifts before ending at 3.30pm.
To book a place or for more information please call: 01502 539118.