‘The community came together, which the fete is all about’ - Litcham
- Credit: Archant
The community rallied round to support a village fete on one of the hottest days of the year.
Litcham community fete was held on the school field in Mileham Road on Saturday afternoon, June 17.
Sharon Moore, secretary of the fete committee, said: 'The fete went very well and for once we had the sun. This is the seventh one we've done and I think only two have been dry.
'It was very well supported, and I would like to thank everybody who came to support us. They could have gone to the beach but they came to us. Extra praise must go to the zumba team, who performed in the heat.
'The community came together, which the fete is all about, and the local pub had a beer tent which was very popular. All the stalls had people around them all the time, and we had a performance from Busy Bodies from Dereham.'
You may also want to watch:
The amount raised for local organisations will not be known until later in the week.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP