‘The community came together, which the fete is all about’ - Litcham
- Credit: Archant
The community rallied round to support a village fete on one of the hottest days of the year.
Litcham community fete was held on the school field in Mileham Road on Saturday afternoon, June 17.
Sharon Moore, secretary of the fete committee, said: 'The fete went very well and for once we had the sun. This is the seventh one we've done and I think only two have been dry.
'It was very well supported, and I would like to thank everybody who came to support us. They could have gone to the beach but they came to us. Extra praise must go to the zumba team, who performed in the heat.
'The community came together, which the fete is all about, and the local pub had a beer tent which was very popular. All the stalls had people around them all the time, and we had a performance from Busy Bodies from Dereham.'
You may also want to watch:
The amount raised for local organisations will not be known until later in the week.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working