The Cheeky Girls headline show to raise funds for Norfolk animal sanctuary
The Cheeky Girls are to headline a fundraising show in aid of a Norfolk animal sanctuary.
The pop duo from Transylvania will be appearing in the Hillside Fundraising Gala at the Talk, in Norwich, on Friday, April 8.
Money raised on the night will go towards helping Hillside Animal Sanctuary based in Frettenham and West Runton. The sanctuary cares for more than 1,000 animals and especially needs your help because of the rising cost of food, vets bills and general care of the animals.
Wendy Valentine, founder of the sanctuary, said: 'It has been a really, really tough time especially because the price of hay has doubled, and we use about 1,000 bales of hay a week.
'It would be brilliant if we could sell all the 450 tickets for the gala - every ticket sold is a couple of bales of hay for the animals.
'Please come along and have an entertaining evening and help the animals at Hillside at the same time.
'We would also like to thank everybody who is already helping us - your support means a great deal to us.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
The sanctuary, which was founded in 1995, cares for about 400 horses, ponies and donkeys, 500 sheep and goats, and 135 cattle.
The fundraising gala next month will feature more than 20 artists including The Cheeky Girls, David Wickenden from Four Poofs and a Piano, Jacquii Cann, overall winner of Star's in their Eyes 1993, and beat boxer Lee Gibling.
Local acts such as Neil Francis and dance troupe Passion Productions will also be performing.
There will also be an auction and raffle.
• Tickets for the event on Friday, April 8 cost �12 per person and group discounts are available. Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm. For more information find Hillside on Facebook or visit www.hillside.org.uk
To book tickets call the box office on 01603 736200. Tickets can also be bought from The Talk, in Oak Street.