The Burston Crown wins title of South Norfolk Community Pub of the Year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The Burston Crown has been named as the overall winner of the South Norfolk Community Pub 2016.
The Crown, run by Steve and Bev Kembery, faced stiff competition from The Green Dragon Tavern in Wymondham, The Bush in Costessey, Water's Edge at Bramerton and The Fox and Hounds in Great Moulton to win the award.
Mr and Mrs Kembery will be given £500 to use for community funding.
The competition is run by South Norfolk Council and is the only type of its award in the country.
It attracted nominations from 49 of the district's pubs and 549 votes cast.
You may also want to watch:
The judging panel marked the pubs on five criteria - facilities/accessibility, welcome/feel/ambience, kerb appeal, sense of community and finally food and drink selection.
Council deputy leader Martin Wilby; competition chairman and councillor Alison Thomas; Clayton Hudson, the council's portfolio holder for stronger communities and leisure; Terry Stork, the regional representative for the Pub is The Hub; and Anthony Carroll, the EDP's community editor for the south Norfolk area, were the judges.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich