Friends ride 350 miles to Torquay for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of friends are cycling 350 miles to Torquay in five days to raise money for a cancer charity.
Tom Vosper, 25, and five school friends set off from The Forum in Norwich at 8am on Monday.
They will be cycling on average 70 miles per day with no previous cycling experience, and will be stopping at Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol and Silverton along the way.
Mr Vosper, from Hethersett said: 'Last autumn my dad passed away from cancer and I wanted to do something big for the local charity as they were quite supportive. My dad was a big fan of theirs as well.
'As of yesterday we've raised £4,100 but we're hoping for £5,000.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vosper's father David grew up in Torquay in Devon, and was an avid Torquay United supporter. He later moved to Hethersett where Tom Vosper grew up.
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer