The Big C cancer charity’s depot is a hive of activity
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Vintage sewing patterns, board games, furniture, clothing and even wedding toppers - this place has seen it all.
The Big C depot in Allenbrooks Way, Wymondham, is a hive of activity, where thousands of items of every description are collected, sorted and sent out to a network of stores.
A team of dedicated volunteers works tirelessly to prepare the items for resale, raising hundreds of thousands of pounds to help fund the cancer support charity's services.
The Big C was formed in 1981 to buy cancer equipment and support further medical research, and the depot was opened in 2012.
It runs 10 charity shops across Norfolk, including a 'Furniture Emporium' at the depot, which is open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The depot also hosts a craft club where volunteers recycle and update items.
To find out more, visit www.big-c.co.uk
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 10 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak