The Berney Arms Inn will be open over Easter weekend to customers
- Credit: Sheila Hutchinson
The Berney Arms pub will be open over the Easter weekend.
In a previous article it was reported that the pub would be closed – this was an error.
The mill, however, will remain closed until next month. This is because of work being carried out on the mill.
We apologise for any confusion caused.
The first Berney Arms Mill opening day will be Sunday, May 14 between 10am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entry will be free and refreshments will be available.
There is no vehicular access but it can be reached on foot along the Wherryman's Way and the Weaver's Way, by river, and by rail.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Overlooking Breydon Water, the pub used to be at the heart of a thriving community, with agricultural workers and wildfowlers based in the area, and was an important stop-off for river traffic between Norwich and Great Yarmouth.