Thatched roof house set ablaze by firework in Norfolk village
Four fire engines were called to a thatch-roofed property ablaze in Woodbastwick this evening.
It is thought that a firework was the cause of the fire at a property on The Green in the small village, near Salhouse, which Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to at around 6.40pm.
Fire engines from Wroxham, Sprowston, Carrow, Acle, Great Yarmouth were all sent to what was described as a 'small fire', along with the Service's Control Unit from Wymondham and Operational Support Unit from Dereham, These were joined by an aerial ladder platform from Earlham and a water carrier from Hethersett. The crews cut away at the thatch and used hose reel jets to extinguish and a thermal image camera to check for hot spots.
No one is believed to have been injured by the fire.
Do you know more or have pictures of the blaze? Call our late reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org