That’s the spot - rescue pets help launch charity fundraiser
- Credit: Jonathan Powemail@example.com
A group of rescue pets have been captured in a state of bliss as they enjoy a well-deserved scratch to mark the launch of a nationwide fundraising campaign.
The charity Support Adoption For Pets, the biggest funder of pet rescues in the UK, captured the content faces of dogs and cats as they got a helping hand from rescue volunteers to hit the sweet spot with a good scratch.
You may also want to watch:
Launching today and running until June 13 the charity is selling Scratch and Match cards with the chance to win one of 200,000 prizes and in turn donating £1 to the charity.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
Each donation will help Support Adoption For Pets reach its goal of raising £450,000 for local pet welfare charities.
Amy Wilson, fundraising manager, said: 'We hope these pictures make people smile. It's great to see the rescue pets so content getting a good scratch, and hopefully these images will help encourage customers to buy our £1 charity scratch cards.'
The scratch cards can be bought in Pets At Home stores and the scheme is being sponsored by Crown Pet Foods.
Established in 2006, Support Adoption For Pets helps more than 1,000 rehoming centres and animal welfare organisations across the UK.