That’s the spot - rescue pets help launch charity fundraiser
- Credit: Jonathan Powemail@example.com
A group of rescue pets have been captured in a state of bliss as they enjoy a well-deserved scratch to mark the launch of a nationwide fundraising campaign.
The charity Support Adoption For Pets, the biggest funder of pet rescues in the UK, captured the content faces of dogs and cats as they got a helping hand from rescue volunteers to hit the sweet spot with a good scratch.
You may also want to watch:
Launching today and running until June 13 the charity is selling Scratch and Match cards with the chance to win one of 200,000 prizes and in turn donating £1 to the charity.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 5 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 6 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 9 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 10 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
Each donation will help Support Adoption For Pets reach its goal of raising £450,000 for local pet welfare charities.
Amy Wilson, fundraising manager, said: 'We hope these pictures make people smile. It's great to see the rescue pets so content getting a good scratch, and hopefully these images will help encourage customers to buy our £1 charity scratch cards.'
The scratch cards can be bought in Pets At Home stores and the scheme is being sponsored by Crown Pet Foods.
Established in 2006, Support Adoption For Pets helps more than 1,000 rehoming centres and animal welfare organisations across the UK.