Textile exhibition to feature work inspired by Norwich’s Magdalen Street
- Credit: supplied by Hannah Jackson
An exhibition of textile art is to feature work inspired by Norwich's Magdalen Street.
The group Artful Stitchers is presenting the exhibition Roots and Routes at Anteros Arts Foundation in Fye Bridge Street, Norwich, from May 16 to 26.
The show aims to explore the subjects of 'roots' and 'routes,' interpreting shared histories, natural themes and journeys in a variety of textile forms ranging from hand felting to machine embroidery.
The centrepiece will be a display of work by each artist exploring the rich
narratives of Magdalen Street.
You may also want to watch:
Artists include Janet Brenchley, Barbara Broadhead, Pauline Chinnery, Sheila Ford, Kerry Howard, Maggie Jackson, June Langford, Julie Lydka-Wells, Liz Pickering, Shirley Rees, Sarah Rockliff, Mary Rolph and Beth Sugden.
Roots and Routes runs from May 16 to 26. It will be open Tuesday to Saturday 10am-5pm. Admission is free.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen