‘The cat is banned’ - Tesco’s fight to rid store of unwelcome customer
- Credit: Archant
A supermarket in Norwich has vowed to kick out an unwelcome customer - a ginger cat.
The cat has been perusing the aisles and lounging on the tills at the Tesco Express on Acres Way in Thorpe Marriott, but some members of staff have said it is a "hindrance and a pain".
Team leader at the store Andrew Tabiner, 49, said: "The cat is banned and we are doing our best to show it the door.
"The bottom line is it should not be in the store, as it is not Tesco policy, and we are doing everything we can to discourage it from coming in. It is absolutely not a shop pet."
It is thought the cat is being fed outside the shop by people nearby and Mr Tabiner added it was probably attracted by the warmth of the store.
You may also want to watch:
A Tesco spokesperson said: "Although we love the little ginger cat who visits Acres Way Express a food store isn't the best place for a cat to be, so our colleagues gently encourage him to go out when he tries to come in."
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success