Tesco shoppers offer bags of help to West Norfolk Mind peer support group
- Credit: Courtesy of Groundwork
Shoppers were able to offer bags of help to the West Norfolk Mind peer support group based in Downham Market.
The group were awarded a £4,000 grant from the Tesco Bags of Help community grant scheme, in partnership with environmental charity Groundwork, after acquiring the most votes from Tesco customers.
The group was formed to help create a supportive network within the community for people who deal with various mental health issues.
Their weekly meetings at St Edmund's Church Rooms give members something to look forward to every week, to engage with the community and to fundraise and promote their group and the charity.
Zena Penty, volunteer co-ordinator from West Norfolk Mind said the group rely on donations, adding: 'This funding is a lifeline for this peer support group.'
You may also want to watch:
Contact West Norfolk Mind Head Office on 01553 776966 for more details.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter