Tesco’s fashion show raises £500 for Meet Up in Thetford
- Credit: Maria Cooke
Supermarket staff were strutting their stuff in a charity fashion show.
A team from Tesco in Thetford hosted the catwalk evening in aid of Meet Up, which is fundraising for vital repairs to its building on the Redcastle Furze estate.
Staff from the youth centre and Tesco modelled outfits from the store's F&F range of Christmas clothing range, and there were some younger faces on the catwalk modelling the children's range. Half time entertainment was provided by the Ruby Sisters.
In total £500 was raised for Meet Up and a cheque was presented to Mike Towndrow and Ali Brown from the centre.
The fashion show was organised by Tesco community champion Sarah Douthwaite and clothing managers Sabrina Hocking and Cheryl Maciel.
They thanked local businesses Timpsons, Costa, Lloyd's Chemist and Style Lounge for donating prizes and West Brothers printers for its help with advertising.
Meet Up, run by the Benjamin Foundation, received a boost last month after a community cookbook was launched to raise funds for its repairs.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened