Tesco’s fashion show raises £500 for Meet Up in Thetford
- Credit: Maria Cooke
Supermarket staff were strutting their stuff in a charity fashion show.
A team from Tesco in Thetford hosted the catwalk evening in aid of Meet Up, which is fundraising for vital repairs to its building on the Redcastle Furze estate.
Staff from the youth centre and Tesco modelled outfits from the store's F&F range of Christmas clothing range, and there were some younger faces on the catwalk modelling the children's range. Half time entertainment was provided by the Ruby Sisters.
In total £500 was raised for Meet Up and a cheque was presented to Mike Towndrow and Ali Brown from the centre.
The fashion show was organised by Tesco community champion Sarah Douthwaite and clothing managers Sabrina Hocking and Cheryl Maciel.
You may also want to watch:
They thanked local businesses Timpsons, Costa, Lloyd's Chemist and Style Lounge for donating prizes and West Brothers printers for its help with advertising.
Meet Up, run by the Benjamin Foundation, received a boost last month after a community cookbook was launched to raise funds for its repairs.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17