'Means the world' - Book sales give boost to football club
- Credit: Supplied by Mark South
Sales of books on a charity stand at Dereham's Tesco Extra have raised more than £1,000 for a local football club.
Staff members from the store presented a cheque to Litcham FC for the £1,062.15 raised over about eight weeks in the lead-up to Christmas.
Mark South, from Tesco, said the cash was raised by people donating small sums for second-hand books.
Mr South said: "We have a table where people donate money for books at the front of the store. It's really popular, and the great thing is that the money goes back into the community.
"Any money we raise we donate to a local charity."
You may also want to watch:
Mr South said the stand was part of an ongoing programme of community work at the store.
The football club said: "Thank you so much. We’d also like to thank everyone who generously denoted pre-loved books. It means the world to a small football club, it’ll help tremendously."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub