Terrington post office is staying put for now
Post Office has postponed plans to move one of its branches in a West Norfolk village.
Officials say that the planned moved of Terrington St Clement post office to Marshland News, in Marshland Street, is no longer going ahead.
Post Office said: 'The agreed new operator is unable to progress their application to operate the branch.
'Therefore, Terrington St Clements post office will continue to operate from its existing location of Churchgate Way for the time being.'
The branch had been due to close down today. Post Office said any further proposed relocation would be subject to a further six-week public consultation.
You may also want to watch:
The new branch would have offered customers longer opening hours. Hours in Churchgate Way will remain as Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am – 12.30pm & 1.30 – 5.30pm; Wednesday: 9am – 12.30pm; Saturday: 9am – 12 noon.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant