Tenerife murder latest: Tributes paid to Norwich woman Jennifer Mills-Westley
Family, friends and neighbours of a Norwich woman brutally attacked in Tenerife have paid tribute to a wonderful, kind and caring woman.
Jennifer Mills-Westley, known as Jenny, lived in Norwich before she moved to Tenerife, but regularly returned to Norfolk to visit her daughter Sarah Mears.
She also has a daughter, Samantha, who lives in France.
In a statement her daughter Sarah, who lives in Newton St Faith, said: 'Mum retired a number of years ago and was fully enjoying her retirement travelling between Tenerife and France where she spent time visiting her daughter and grandchildren, and her other daughter in Norfolk.
'She was full of life, generous of heart, would do anything for anyone.
'We now have to find a way of living without her love and light and we would ask at this difficult time for some privacy as we try to come to terms with our loss.'
Former neighbour from Saracen Road in Hellesdon, Stella Watts, said Mrs Mills-Westley had been a good friend.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
The 88-year-old said: 'She was a wonderful lady. A good friend. She would do anything for you. She was a very very kind lady.'
She said that Mrs Mills-Westley would take her to and from the hospital when her late partner was ill.
'It is all very sad. She was just such a wonderful person', she said.
'She was tiny person. About 5ft 4in. She was very smart and she loved horses.
'For anyone to pass away it is sad, but for this to happen to her, it's terrible. I just hope she didn't suffer.'
She said that Mrs Mills-Westley had lived on Saracens Road for around 10 years, but has left around five years ago.
'They all knew Jenny around here. She used to talk to everybody.'
Mrs Mills-Westley retired from her job as a road safety officer with Norfolk County Council around 15 years ago.
A spokesman from Norfolk County Council said: Our deepest sympathies go to Jenny's family and friends following this terrible news.
'Jenny was a popular and well respected member of staff, who during her time with Norfolk County Council worked as a Road Safety Officer - working with many schools and children to teach cycling training and make Norfolk's roads safer.'
She had two daughters and five grandchildren.
• If you would like to pay tribute to Norwich woman Jennifer Mills-Westley following her murder in Tenerife, please contact reporter Annabelle Dickson on 01603 772426 or email email@example.com.