Bridge to close overnight for ‘routine maintenance works’
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are likely to face further disruption as a bridge is closed for overnight work.
With emergency repairs to a carriageway continuing following the discovery of a sinkhole on the A47 Station Square in Lowestoft, routine maintenance work is set to be carried out overnight next week on the A47 bascule bridge at Lowestoft.
Traffic will be diverted as the work is carried out on the bridge for one night, between 8pm on Monday, June 10 and 6am on Tuesday, June 11.
With the bridge temporarily closed, a spokesman for Highways England said: "We will be carrying out routine maintenance works on the A47 bascule bridge at Lowestoft for one night.
"This will be on the night of Monday, June 10, from 8pm to 6am.
"During the work the A47 will be closed in both directions at the bridge and a diversion will be clearly signposted.
You may also want to watch:
"A free hourly bus service will be provided for pedestrians wanting to cross the bridge.
"This will leave from the north side of the bridge at quarter past the hour and from the south side at quarter to the hour."
Highways chiefs expect to carry out two further nights of maintenance works to the A47 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft in August and November.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich