Temperatures drop below freezing overnight but region could see highs of 20C this weekend
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Despite the cold start for many this morning temperatures set look to soar to more than 20C as a fresh weather front moves in.
Overnight in Santon Downham temperatures dipped to -1.9C, the coldest night since January 27 but that looks like to be the last of the cold weather the region will see this weekend.
Weather presenter Dan Holley tweeted: 'E ANGLIA: Santon Downham fell to -1.9C, it's coldest night since 27th January. Suspect we could be looking at a diurnal range of 20+C today!'
Today will remain dry with sunny spells developing and it will be warm by the afternoon with a maximum temperature of 20C.
Heading into Sunday the day will begin with early mist and fog before turning sunny and very warm with the chance of some places seeing temperatures get higher than 20C.
You may also want to watch:
• Are you enjoying the sun this weekend? Send us your photos via @EDP24 on Twitter.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region