Television presenter Jess French joins 3,000 at Wild About the Wensum at Pensthorpe
A passion for nature was ignited in hundreds of children at the popular Wild About the Wensum event at Pensthorpe, near Fakenham.
It has been reported that fewer children are enjoying the great outdoors contributing, in some cases, to behavioural problems and mental health issues.
It is hoped events like Wild About the Wensum help tackle the problem, inspiring children to enjoy what the wonderful Wensum Valley has to offer.
More than 3,000 people attended on Saturday.
Television presenter Jess French, from Minibeast Adventure with Jess on CBeebiies, was special guest.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We are seeing an increase in anxiety and depression in children and there are lots of studies which highlight the links between time outdoors and reduction in mental illness in young people, so events like this are really important. It's been awesome - the kids have shown so much enthusiasm.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award