Teleporter catches fire on Holkham estate
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Two fire crews were called to the Holkham estate yesterday evening (Monday) after farm machinery caught fire.
Appliances from Wells and Heacham attended at 8pm after a contractor reported the blaze.
A spokesman for the estate said the machine was a Merlot teleporter.
'It was owned by Jonathan Cole (Cole Agricultural Ltd) who, as a contractor for the farm, was moving straw on the estate,' she said.
'It was parked up by the driver and unattended at the time it self-ignited.
You may also want to watch:
'Everyone is therefore fine. A cause is not known.'
Firefighters extinguished the fire using foam.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue