Teenagers attacked and robbed during football game in Pakefield
Police need to trace two hooded teenagers after two 17-year-old boys were attacked and had items stolen in an incident on the recreation ground at Walmer Road at about 3.30pm on Thursday, February 16.
The two boys were playing football with some friends and had left their bags by the old main entrance gate, opposite the Acton Road junction with Walmer Road.
During the game they looked across and saw two teenagers – one was 6ft, of skinny build, in his mid to late teens, wearing a white hooded top and a scarf partially over his face and the other about 5ft 5in tall, of skinny build and in his mid teens wearing a black waterproof hooded top, also with a scarf partially over his face – approaching the bags.
The two 17-year-olds ran over and one of the males picked up one of the bags.
Both teenagers were then threatened and told to hand over their property.
You may also want to watch:
When one of the 17-year-old refused he was assaulted by the other male, and sustained bleeding and swelling to his lip.
Despite this the 17-year-old continued to refuse to hand over his bag. The two offenders then fled, climbing over the locked entrance gates, with the bag of the other 17-year-old that had been originally picked up.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Police were called and immediately began a search of the area. From initial police enquiries it appeared the two were seen running down Silverwood Close.
The two suspects were also spotted in Nelson Road at the junction with Wellington Road.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area around this time who may have seen the two or anyone with information about who the offenders are to call DC 703 Quantrill at Lowestoft CID on 101.