Teenager stages his first art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A young artist is preparing his sculptures and prints for his first exhibition.
Felix Tooth is part of the Diss Corn Hall Arts Award group, a national qualification, which supports young people to engage with arts, build creativity and learn leadership skills.
The exhibition, which starts at designermakers21 in Diss next Thursday, forms part of the 16-year-old's Silver Arts Award.
Felix, from Redgrave, has been meeting with other young people at designermakers21 every week, working on arts challenges, reviewing arts events, researching artists and arts organisations, and delivering an arts leadership project.
Felix, who hopes to study art and design at college, said: 'Having this opportunity to showcase my work is fantastic. Putting on an exhibition is a real challenge, and I'm really looking forward to seeing my work in a professional setting.'
You may also want to watch:
Artists David Whatley and Jenny Goater have been helping Felix experiment with different media to develop his work.
Clare Birks, from designermakers21, said: 'We are delighted to support the arts award programme and ethos, providing arts award participants in Diss with a workshop space every week to meet and assist young people by providing free exhibition space and mentoring support.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
The exhibition is open from 10am to 5pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays until June 25.
Sharing the exhibition space at with Felix is local artist Alex Cook, exhibiting a cycling-themed collection of his illustrations titled Peloton to coincide with the Diss Cyclathon on June 19.