Teenager stages his first art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A young artist is preparing his sculptures and prints for his first exhibition.
Felix Tooth is part of the Diss Corn Hall Arts Award group, a national qualification, which supports young people to engage with arts, build creativity and learn leadership skills.
The exhibition, which starts at designermakers21 in Diss next Thursday, forms part of the 16-year-old's Silver Arts Award.
Felix, from Redgrave, has been meeting with other young people at designermakers21 every week, working on arts challenges, reviewing arts events, researching artists and arts organisations, and delivering an arts leadership project.
Felix, who hopes to study art and design at college, said: 'Having this opportunity to showcase my work is fantastic. Putting on an exhibition is a real challenge, and I'm really looking forward to seeing my work in a professional setting.'
Artists David Whatley and Jenny Goater have been helping Felix experiment with different media to develop his work.
Clare Birks, from designermakers21, said: 'We are delighted to support the arts award programme and ethos, providing arts award participants in Diss with a workshop space every week to meet and assist young people by providing free exhibition space and mentoring support.'
- 1 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 2 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 3 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Busy petrol station near Norwich closes for two months
The exhibition is open from 10am to 5pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays until June 25.
Sharing the exhibition space at with Felix is local artist Alex Cook, exhibiting a cycling-themed collection of his illustrations titled Peloton to coincide with the Diss Cyclathon on June 19.