Teenager rescued from baby swing by fire service
- Credit: Simon Finlay
The fire service stepped in at a coastal Norfolk village to free a teenager stuck in a swing designed for babies.
A crew from Great Yarmouth was called out to a recreation ground in Hopton-on-Sea at 6.38pm on Friday.
Fire officers on the scene used small gear to release the trapped teen from the tight swing seat - by 6.55pm, their work was done.
Teenagers seeing if they can fit into baby swings has become a viral sensation on the social media app TikTok - and fire crews across the UK have been dealing with a number of incidents inspired by the craze over the last year.
Between January and May of this year, the London Fire Brigade was called out 21 times to help people trapped in swings.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known whether this incident was inspired by the TikTok craze.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021