Teenager injured by masked attacker in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: IAN BURT
A teenage girl suffered suspected fractures to her arm and hand after being attacked by a man with a metal pole in Great Yarmouth.
Detectives are appealing for information following the assault on the 15-year-old, which took place in the early hours of this morning.
At around 2.50am, the girl was walking along Beatty Close in the town when she was approached by a man who hit her with a metal pole before stealing her mobile phone.
The victim sustained suspected fractures to her arm/hand as a result of the incident.
The attacker was white, wearing dark clothing with his face covered.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Riki Chase, of Great Yarmouth CID, who is leading the enquiry into the incident, asked possible witnesses to come forward for more information.
'The level of violence used in this assault is unusual, considering the age of the victim and I would like to hear from anyone who could help us identify the offender quickly.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
Det Con Chase can be contacted on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.