Teenager in critical condition in hospital after falling through skylight at Norwich pub
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A teenager is in a critical condition in hospital after he fell through a skylight at a Norwich pub.
The teen, who has not been named, had been on the roof of the Heartsease pub with another man when they fell.
Emergency services were called following the incident, which happened on June 14, and the teenager was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he is said to be in a critical but stable condition.
The other man was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital but it is understood he has since been discharged.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'We were called to Heartsease pub on Plumstead Road just before 6pm on Wednesday, June 14 to reports two men had fallen through a skylight on the roof.'
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance said the critical care team from Anglia One was tasked by rapid response vehicle to attend a teenage man who had fallen from height.
Dr Tobias Gauss with critical care paramedic Ben Caine gave the patient a full assessment, administered medication and put measures in place to protect his brain.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
The helicopter then airlifted the patient to hospital.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said: 'We received a call on June 14 at 5.48pm to reports of two men who had fallen from height on Plumstead Road in Norwich.
'We dispatched two ambulance crews, an air ambulance and medical response car both from the East Anglian Air Ambulance charity.
'Medics were on scene within three minutes of the call to treat one man for back pains and the other for a head injury.
'The first man was taken to NNUH via land ambulance in a stable condition whilst the second was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a serious condition.'
Police said they have been working with Norwich City Council's health and safety team following the incident.
A spokesman for Norwich City council said: 'We are aware of an incident at The Heartsease Pub on Wednesday, June 14 and are gathering information accordingly.'
A person who lives near to the pub, but who wanted to remain anonymous, said they did not see what happened but became aware of the incident due to the volume of emergency service vehicles.
'You always hear a lot of police cars and ambulances going past here but on this occasion there just seemed to be so many. 'I looked up at the pub and it seemed there were at least half a dozen police cars and an ambulance and a helicopter.'