Teenager dies, woman in her 50s seriously injured after crash with lorry near West Lexham
- Credit: Archant
Police were called at 9.20am to reports of a collision between a white lorry and two pedestrians on the A1065.
One of the pedestrians, a teenage girl, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other pedestrian, a woman in her 50s, was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital where she remains in a critical but stable condition.
An East of England Ambulance spokesman said: 'We received a call today at 9.20am to reports of a serious RTC involving two pedestrians on the A1605 at West Lexham.
'We sent two rapid response vehicles, two ambulance crews, an ambulance officer and two helicopters from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.'
You may also want to watch:
The crash scene is on a hill around half a mile north of All Saints Church.
The A1065 was closed between Castle Acre and the B1145 whilst emergency services deal with the incident. It has now re-opened.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
Anyone who saw the collision or the moments leading up to the incident should contact PC Keith Wiseman on 101.