Teenager dies after suffering head injuries in Westwick crash
A man in his late teens has died after suffering serious head injuries after a crash near Westwick in the early hours of Sunday morning.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment, but died this afternoon.
Police were still at the scene of the crash on Sunday afternoon, which happened just before 3am on the Norwich Road at Captain's Pond, near North Walsham.
The teenager, who was driving a Peugeot 106, was taken to hospital with life-threatening head injuries where he later died.
Two fire crews from North Walsham and Mundesley assisted the ambulance and provided lighting for the police.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police has instigated an independent review of the circumstances surrounding the crash and the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed.
• Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Local pub splashes back into action
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town