Teenager dies after suffering head injuries in Westwick crash
A man in his late teens has died after suffering serious head injuries after a crash near Westwick in the early hours of Sunday morning.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment, but died this afternoon.
Police were still at the scene of the crash on Sunday afternoon, which happened just before 3am on the Norwich Road at Captain's Pond, near North Walsham.
The teenager, who was driving a Peugeot 106, was taken to hospital with life-threatening head injuries where he later died.
Two fire crews from North Walsham and Mundesley assisted the ambulance and provided lighting for the police.
Norfolk Police has instigated an independent review of the circumstances surrounding the crash and the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed.
• Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 6 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?