Teenager, 18, dies after falling ill at Latitude
A teenager has died after being airlifted to hospital from the Latitude music festival after falling unwell.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to the event at Henham Park, near Southwold, at 4.30pm on Saturday.
EAAA medics Dr Pam Crispin, Dr Vicky Smith and CCP Ben Caine treated a man in his late teens who had become acutely unwell.
He was airlifted by Anglia One at 4.51pm to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, arriving shortly after 5pm.
However, it was confirmed yesterday that the youngster had since died.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the tragedy was caused by a medical issue and police are not investigating as a result.
A statement from the Latitude festival organisers said: 'A 18-year-old male attending Latitude was airlifted to hospital on Saturday afternoon and died in the early hours of Sunday morning.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
'The young male suffered from an isolated medical condition. The police are not treating this as suspicious.'
Tens of thousands of people attended the festival, which started last Thursday, and which was headlined by the likes of Lily Allen, Damon Albarn and The Black Keys.
? Do you want to pay tribute to the teenager who died? Email email@example.com