Teenager, 16, died while on fishing trip, Norwich inquest hears
A 'much-loved' teenager died while on a fishing trip, an inquest heard today.
Scott Meekings, 16, was found dead at Coston Lakes, in Norwich Road, Marlingford on Thursday afternoon.
Coroner William Armstrong said the teenager had been alone on an overnight fishing trip.
He made a phone call to his family at 11am on the Thursday.
But at 3.30pm he was found face down in the water by another fisherman.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics were called and tried to resuscitate him, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The teenager from Larks Place, Dereham, had attended Neatherd High School, but left in year nine to go to The Douglas Bader Short Stay School For Norfolk, in Filby Road, RAF Coltishall.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
On Saturday the school's headteacher, Des Reynolds, paid tribute to Scott describing him as a 'much-loved' student with 'great potential'.
The cause of death is still being investigated.