Teenage dog trainer’s European success
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A young dog trainer has returned home to Diss with two trophies after representing Great Britain at a European competition.
Sammy Pegg and three of her team members won gold in the agility teams and came third overall for the team jumping and agility at the European Open Junior Agility Championships in Slovakia.
The 16-year-old took her four-year-old dog Blaze and her trainer Jayne Widdess' dog Rave to the competition which was attended by 24 countries from across the world, including the USA and Canada.
Sammy said: 'It was amazing and the atmosphere was amazing. It was incredible.
'It was definitely an experience and something I will never forget.
'The arena was massive and everybody was trying to out-sing each other's national anthem.'
The former Diss High School student, who is hoping to go to sixth form in September, also has an 18-month-old border collie, Remix, whom she is training.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
Over the summer, she will also be taking part in more competitions which will count towards qualifying for international competitions and Crufts.
The teenager added: 'Blaze enjoyed himself and he got used to the podium.
'It was a big confidence boost going there. I would not give this up for the world. I'm hoping to get on the team for Luxembourg next year.'
Have you won a prize? Email firstname.lastname@example.org