Teenage boy spoken to by police following “deliberate” fire in a derelict building near Lowestoft
Police have spoken to a teenage boy in relation to a fire in a derelict building near Lowestoft.
The blaze, in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, is believed to have been started deliberately.
Two fire crews, from Lowestoft North and Lowestoft South, attended the incident and quickly tackled the blaze with the scene cleared within 10 minutes.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We responded to what is believed to be a deliberate fire - with the time of stop at 3.56pm.'
Police were made aware if the incident just after 3.40pm and remained at the scene after the fire service departed to investigate further.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner