Teenage boy spoken to by police following “deliberate” fire in a derelict building near Lowestoft
Police have spoken to a teenage boy in relation to a fire in a derelict building near Lowestoft.
The blaze, in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, is believed to have been started deliberately.
Two fire crews, from Lowestoft North and Lowestoft South, attended the incident and quickly tackled the blaze with the scene cleared within 10 minutes.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We responded to what is believed to be a deliberate fire - with the time of stop at 3.56pm.'
Police were made aware if the incident just after 3.40pm and remained at the scene after the fire service departed to investigate further.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week