Teenage boy airlifted to hospital from Ridlington, near North Walsham, with burns to his face
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been airlifted to hospital after suffering burns to his face.
It happened today at about 12.45pm in Carrside, Ridlington, near North Walsham, after a rubbish fire was deliberately started in the open.
The East of England Air Ambulance was called to the scene and the boy was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Victor Inyang, a doctor, and critical-care paramedic Gary Steward treated the teenager at the scene before he was taken to hospital.
Fire crews extinguished the fire using hose reel jets.
You may also want to watch:
The patient is said to be in a stable condition.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden