Teenage Aylsham singer songwriter Megan Blair is just one step away from national Open Mic talent final
- Credit: Bart Pettman
Teenage singer songwriter Megan Blair is one step away from a national talent final.
Megan, 15, from Aylsham has won through to the semi-finals of the Open Mic competition.
She was one of two acts chosen at a regional final held in Essex.
Now she will head to Hayes in Middlesex on Sunday November 23 to compete against singers from London, East Anglia, the South East and Midlands, to try and win a coveted place in the final at the 02 arena in London.
Megan won her spot by performing a cover of Not About Angels a song by Birdy - one of the previous winners of the prestigious competition which attracts 9,000 unsigned acts from across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Judges praised her 'beautiful and powerful voice' with 'excellent vocal control' and ability to move people with her singing.
Dad Seb said: 'It was very nerve-racking at the end of the show, as they announced the two winners live on stage with dramatic music, just like they do on the TV shows X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
'We knew she had nailed the performance, but she was up against some incredible talent. We all jumped out of our seats when the results were announced. We took four cars of family and friends to cheer her on, but I think we will need a coach for the semis.'
Megan, who has ambitions of a career in music or stage, is also taking a part of one of the Von Trapp children in the musical at Aylsham High School next spring.
She has also won some studio recording time as a prize for the publicity she generated with her progress in the Open Mic competition so far.
Listen to Megan's music at https://soundcloud.com/lushsunshine