Teen singer brings out debut single
- Credit: Archant
She may only be 13-years-old but that hasn't stopped Breeze Redwine from releasing her first single and music video.
The talented singer from Starston has been uploading videos of live performances and covers of songs on YouTube for nearly two years. But her original song, Courage, is now available to buy on iTunes and Amazon and the video has already been viewed more than 3,000 times on YouTube.
Breeze's mother, Jackie, said she is very proud of the teenager.
She said: 'It's just amazing. We never thought it would take off like this. A lot of people have given their time up to help. We're very lucky a lot of local people have been involved in the making of it.'
The video was filmed in Ipswich by Taylor Made Portraits and the song was recorded at The Mill Recording Studio in Winfarthing. The youngster's vocal and guitar coach Lisa Redford wrote the song which is about bullying.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Redwine said: 'Breeze has suffered from bullying, which I think a lot of children who perform do. So it's a very personal song to her. It was written for her by Lisa because it was something that touched her too.'
The youngster, who has vocal training at the Norwich Singing School, has a busy and exciting year ahead. She will be travelling to Long Beach, California, in July to take part in the World Championships of Performing Arts (WCPA). The youngster will represent Great Britain at the event which attracts contestants from more than 50 countries.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
Breeze and her mum are currently fundraising to pay for the £5,000 trip.
Mrs Redwine said: 'We raised £595 at a recent fundraiser and have around £2,000 altogether at the moment.
'Breeze has never flown on a plane or been on holiday so she is really excited about it. It's going to be 11 or 12 days of boot camps and workshops.'
Breeze said she hopes to perform her single Courage at the championships.
To donate to Breeze's trip visit https://www.gofundme.com/breeze-team-gb