Teen ordered to pay for damage to car in North Walsham
A teenager who ran over the top of a car in North Walsham town centre and escaped police has been ordered to pay for the damage he caused.
The 18-year-old, un-named by police, must pay �1,050 for the incident, in the town's Market Place in May.
He initially received a caution after running from the police but, after further consultation, he has now been given the additional payment condition.
He was seen to run over the car, to make a quick escape, after shouting abuse at a police officer.
Police chased and arrested the teen on May 28, on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a motor vehicle, resisting an officer in the execution of their duty, as well as a public order offence.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof