Teen horror author Andrew Hammond enthralls pupils at Long Stratton High School
Teen horror writer Andrew Hammond, author of the Crypt series, exciting new adventure books which mix Ghostbusters with Doctor Who, enthralled youngsters on a visit to Long Stratton High School.
He talked to Year 7 pupils about his books, 'The Gallows Curse' and 'Traitor's Revenge'.
Librarian Janet Bell said: 'The children had a wonderful time listening to Andrew, who enthralled them with his stories.
'He was an inspiration to them as they were keen to start writing their own scary stories after his visit.'
Rob Welton, events co-ordinator at Jarrold's Books, said: 'Jarrold Book Department had the privilege of going to Long Stratton High School with teen horror author Andrew Hammond on March 16.
'We had a great time and are very impressed with the way the morning was organised. The children were engaged and when Andrew read from his book, audible gasps were heard (and that was just from the teachers!).
'Many thanks to Janet Bell and all the staff at the school for making us so welcome.'
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 6 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?