Teen arrested after suspected homophobic tweet
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A 17-year-old man has been arrested after he made a suspected homophobic tweet.
Police became aware of the tweet when a representative of the LGBT Norwich City Fan Group made a complaint to the police having seen the offending tweet.
After an investigation by PC Mat Ewing from Bethel Street Police Station a male was arrested.
PC Ewing said: 'This investigation highlights the Constabulary's stance on taking positive action against hate related crimes and that people using social media for this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.'
The teenager has been referred to the Youth Offending Team and will be a part of its Challenge 4 Change process.
You may also want to watch:
The Challenge 4 Change Scheme is an alernative to prosecution for first time offenders and enables participants to consider the consequences of their actions without receiving a criminal record.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17