Tech savy Aylsham teens boost church’s Indian leprosy mission appeal
- Credit: Archant
Tech savy teens teamed up with silver surfers to help raise money for an Indian leprosy mission.
People of all ages came together for the charity tech café and community coffee morning at Aylsham Parish Church.
Aylsham High School students and the church's youth group members were on hand to give tech advice to people with laptops, mobile phones and tablets. People from their 20s to their 80s turned up to draw on the wisdom of the tech savvy young people while enjoying a cup of Fairtrade Coffee and homemade cakes.
Aylsham Team of Churches curate Rev Jack Branford said: 'It was a really fantastic morning; the church was packed with people from all generations who were learning and laughing together. In our contemporary world, which so often seems to be divided starkly along generational lines, it was incredibly heartening to see such fantastic intergenerational cooperation.'
He added: 'We are particularly thankful for the young people from Aylsham High School who were a real credit to their school and community in the way they patiently helped so many people.'
You may also want to watch:
Jean St Clair, who attended the event said: 'It was a great morning, thank you so much to the young students who helped me to free loads of storage on my iPad and sorted out my twitter accounts. It was a great idea and the church was really busy.'
Money raised went towards Aylsham Parish's Churches Leprosy Mission Appeal which has so far helped to raise over £2,200 for Purulia Hospital in India.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
The event was such a success that the organisers are already planning another tech café.
Visit www.aylshamteamministry.org.uk for more details.