Teams needed for annual village boules tournament
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A boules tournament is once again being organised by the village of St Peter South Elmham to raise funds for the church.
This year's contest will take place on Sunday, July 23, at Ilketshall St Andrews Village Hall.
It is open to all ages and abilities, and all you need is a team of four to take part.
The event lasts all day with games played in leagues in the morning, followed by a knockout competition in the afternoon. Teams will then be vying to win the cup and plate.
Hot drinks and bacon rolls will be available in the morning, with hot dogs, burgers and cakes from lunchtime. People are also welcome to take a picnic and the village hall bar will be open. There will also be a raffle and a playground for the children.
You may also want to watch:
To enter a team, email email@example.com or call Tim on 01986 782296 or Pam on 01986 782265.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains