Cancer appeals fund boosted as ‘amazing’ work in the community is rewarded
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy time for fundraisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal.
The Team Lauren Lou cancer fundraising group continues to raise money and awareness in aid of cancer charities and worthy local causes, and they were boosted by recent collections.
Three collections for the cancer appeals fund saw volunteers collect at the Morrisons North Quay store in Lowestoft, with £332.39 raised, before a collection and tombola at Morrisons store in Beccles raised £243.27. A collection at the Tesco Gunton store followed with £402.03 raised.
And then on October 26 a bucket collection in Beccles town centre raised £343.65 for Cancer Research UK – as the four collections in four days raised £1321.34.
Gary Bennett, of Team Lauren Lou, said: 'Not only do we fundraise for national cancer charities and help people in our local community, we also reward others in our community for their amazing work.
'Our November 2018 personal £100 Team Lauren Lou award winner, Anne-Marie Matthews, is pictured with me handing over her prize money so she can treat herself for all she does to help others in our local community.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm