Cancer appeals fund boosted as ‘amazing’ work in the community is rewarded
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy time for fundraisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal.
The Team Lauren Lou cancer fundraising group continues to raise money and awareness in aid of cancer charities and worthy local causes, and they were boosted by recent collections.
Three collections for the cancer appeals fund saw volunteers collect at the Morrisons North Quay store in Lowestoft, with £332.39 raised, before a collection and tombola at Morrisons store in Beccles raised £243.27. A collection at the Tesco Gunton store followed with £402.03 raised.
And then on October 26 a bucket collection in Beccles town centre raised £343.65 for Cancer Research UK – as the four collections in four days raised £1321.34.
Gary Bennett, of Team Lauren Lou, said: 'Not only do we fundraise for national cancer charities and help people in our local community, we also reward others in our community for their amazing work.
You may also want to watch:
'Our November 2018 personal £100 Team Lauren Lou award winner, Anne-Marie Matthews, is pictured with me handing over her prize money so she can treat herself for all she does to help others in our local community.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops