Team from Byfords in Holt start cycle challenge next week to raise money for Parkinson’s UK
A family from Holt taking on a gruelling 316-mile cycle ride across Britain will start the first part of their challenge next week to raise money for suffers of Parkinson's disease.
Made up of family and friends a team of cyclists from Byfords will be cycling from Holyhead to Sheringham over four days in July to raise money for Parkinson's UK.
But next week will see them hosting another event inviting people to cycle the same distance on three static cycles outside the restaurant on June 5 from 10am.
It comes after 55-year-old chef Paul Abendroth who, since being diagnosed with the condition in 2009, has embarked on a fundraising mission to help other sufferers.
Joining the team will be Mr Abendroth's children Rachel, 25, and Luke 23, who have already helped raise �10,000 for the charity helping.
You may also want to watch:
The group will also be asking people to sign-up to cycle parts of the last leg of the journey on July 12 covering the Norfolk coastline.
Since 2004, Mr Adendroth has run the pasty and pastry side of Byfords and his wife Pat, 50, is the delicatessen manager.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
? For more information or to donate please visit JustGiving.com/Pedalling-4-Parkinsons or text PEDL55 to 70070 to donate �5 directly.