Teacher from Beccles sentenced after being found in possession of child pornography
- Credit: Archant
A former Suffolk teacher who downloaded child porn has been sentenced to a community order.
Police officers went to Tim Papworth's home in Beccles with a search warrant and seized a laptop, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
The computer was found to have ten unique images in the most serious level A category, 44 unique category B images and 79 unique images in the lowest level C category.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said that Papworth accepted responsibility for the images during his police interview.
Papworth, 44, whose address was given as Spurgeon Way, Kelvedon, admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and was given a 12-month community order. He must do 180 hours of unpaid work in the community and a 20-day rehabilitation activity requirement.
You may also want to watch:
He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for five years and ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for the same period.
Laura Kenyon, for Papworth, said her client had formerly worked as a teacher.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones