Norwich mum loses over 8 stone thanks to ‘inspiring’ slimming group leader
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Norwich has lost almost half her original weight while attending a Slimming World group in Taverham.
Sue Hales, 54, weighed over seventeen stone when she joined slimming world in 2017. She now weighs just over nine stone and has gone from a size 24 to a size 10.
Mrs Hales attributes her weight loss success to her local Slimming World group leader Vanessa Thorpe, 35.
She said: 'Vanessa is amazing. She has the group in stitches every week which makes going so much fun as well as it being functional.
'She is also really inspiring. She has had a really tough year herself this year but despite this is always there to support and encourage all of us.'
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old leader of the Hinks Meadow slimming group helped a total of three of her members, including Mrs Hales, reach the regional final of Slimming World's annual Woman of The Year competition.
The event, which took place at The Belfry Hotel in Cambridge on September 9 and hosted a total of 70 regional finalists, marked a big achievement for Ms Thorpe.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
'As far as I am aware there were no other consultants at the event with more than one finalist, let alone with three,' said Mrs Hales. 'It was an amazing achievement for Vanessa and for the members who went.'
Mrs Hales got through to the final 12 at the regional stage of the competition but said she values her new healthier weight more than any other achievement.
'I am now happier and healthier and doing things I would never have dreamed of being able to do before I met Vanessa,' she said. 'She has helped so many people to lose weight and has helped to change so many people's lives.'
Have you lost weight at a Slimming World group? Let us know in the comments.