Talk on infamous highway Dick Turpin at Needham Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
A village hall will launch its new events programme with a talk on the infamous highway man Dick Turpin.
On Saturday, April 1, Stephen Poulter will give an entertaining and informative talk at Needham Village Hall contrasting the myth of the gentleman highwayman with the true story of the notorious robber, who was hanged in 1739.
Over the last 150 years the legend of Dick Turpin, whose villainous activities brought him as far as Bungay in Suffolk, have become the stuff of legend.
Mr Poulter - a Needham resident and an experienced public speaker - will sort fact from fiction, explaining how many of the exploits attributed to Dick Turpin were actually committed by other highway robbers.
The talk begins at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £5 and include a free first drink from the licensed bar.
For more information, contact email@example.com
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out